Villa Le Rose is a beautiful Medici villa commissioned by the Marchese Niccolò Antinori in the 15th century . The villa remained in the Antinori's possession until the beginning of the last century. The family then decided to sell the property and in the 1980’s, Leonardo and Beatrice Ferragamo bought the villa it and made it their home. The owners’ affection for the Villa motivated them to carry out a meticulous restoration project which was terminated in 2003. This unique villa has become one of the most luxurious properties for rent in Florence and Tuscany. The villa has been fitted with all the modern,luxury comforts in line with all quality, leading five star hotels while maintaining and enhancing its original historical features.
Villa Le Rose is located just a 5 minute drive from the centre of Florence at the top of hill, at the end of an impressive driveway lined with ancient cypress trees. It is built around a beautiful courtyard and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and olive groves. Next to the Villa is the Cedar Garden, a sweeping lawn enclosed by high hedges and ancient trees, embellished by antique rose bushes and pietra serena pedestals bearing potted lemon trees, and a 300 year old Lebanese cedar.
Villa Le Rose is about 400 m² and offers 6 delightful bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms as well as many other fascinating rooms including an impressive ballroom. The entrance is located under the beautiful arched loggia furnished with wrought iron chairs and couches and once inside the hall is adorned with antique mirrors, a large antique wooden table and a decorative bronze hunting dog collection. The villa is built on three floors according to the typical layout of aristocratic villas:
On the ground floor you will find the Sala delle Feste, a magnificent 18th century ballroom complete with Grand Piano and impressive chandelier; a spacious living room with frescoed walls; a welcoming study; a comfortable dining room which can seat up to 20 people, and one double bedroom (#1 ) with king size bed, the Baldacchino Suite with a great canopied bed and an entirely frescoed bathroom with fireplace. There is also a another lovely room with card table and mirrored bar room; and a beautiful library with a wonderful collection of sailboat models. This room is also known as the T.V. room with full satellite TV and DVD player.
On the upper floor you will find five suites, each of them embellished with original furnishings, decorated ceilings and large windows which look out onto the unforgettable landscape that Tuscany is renowned for.
- Bedroom #2 is the Roses Bedroom, a junior suite which is very charming indeed. The suite comprises twin beds pushed together to make a king size bed; a comfortable seating area with two sofas with twin pink poufs in the middle and with being on the corner the suite has four very large windows which offer views of Florence’s finest villas and beautiful rolling hills. The en suite bathroom is large and has twin sinks, a large marble shower with glass door and separate tub. All of the bathrooms in the villa are of the highest level. Furthermore there is plenty of wardrobe space in the bedroom and in the powder room.
- Bedroom #3, is also known as the Guest Bedroom. The colours used here are beige and dark blue. The bed is a king size bed and the bathroom has twin sinks, marble shower, separate tub and plenty of space. All bathrooms come complete with Le Rose signature amenities. Being a corner suite this room also boasts views overlooking the Cyprus lined drive leading up to the villa.
- Bedroom #4, is the Master Suite otherwise known as the Green Room due to the wonderful green stone used in the bathroom. This lovely suite has a functioning fireplace and very comfortable seating for afternoon tea or just for relaxing. The large bathroom consists of a powder room with dressing table and ample wardrobe space. The bathroom has twin sinks, shower and separate tub. All bathrooms have a bidet and WC.
- Bedroom #5, is the Oriental Bedroom. This is the smallest bedroom and not on the same level as the other bedrooms due to its size but it is still very very charming. This bedroom also has an en suite bathroom with twin sink, marble shower, separate tub and of course bidet.
- Bedroom #6 or otherwise known as the Pink Bedroom is connected to the Oriental Bedroom by an adjoining door but it also has it’s own entrance from the first floor landing. This corner junior suite is large and very cosy with a fireplace and comfortable seating area. The oversized couch can be turned into a comfortable single bed making this bedroom a triple if necessary.
There is also a room suitable for staff on this floor, complete with en suite bathroom and mini kitchenette for warming food, tea, coffee, baby bottles etc
Basement (lower floor):
On the lower floor you will find the Kitchen and Staff Quarters. There is a spacious and bright open style kitchen with typical Tuscan fireplace for indoor grilling and food preparation. The kitchen is complete with all modern amenities including dishwasher and offers plenty of space for food storage. Next to the kitchen is the garage which can be used on request. There is also a laundry room with washing machine and two dryers.
Garden and Outdoor Space:
The villa comprises extensive gardens up to around 1000 m² which includes a lovely oval shaped exclusive swimming pool. The views from this area are stunning. There is also a covered dining area near the pool which is ideal for picnics or cocktails. There is a further lounge area with wrought iron chairs and tables which is the ideal setting for breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktails and of course dinner ‘al fresco’.
Villa Le Rose is simply one of the best properties in Tuscany. It is a traditional villa full of history, a dream with original frescoes, modern furniture, all the contemporary amenities, full staffed and perfectly located. If you are looking for the best, this is your property.
The property has a minimum stay of 1 week - arrival and departure: any day.
Included in the price: The entire villa, surrounding garden and park; exclusive use of the swimming pool; utility bills (electricity, heating, water); Wifi Internet connection; cable tv; air conditioning; phone charges excluded; linens, towels and toiletries; 2 cleaning ladies 6 hours/day; regular villa maintenance; garden upkeep; concierge services (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm); breakfast; daily papers; on site caretaker; alarm system monitored by security service.
Excluded from the Price: Extra maid for 6 h/day at € 15.00 + 22% vat/hour, Michelin chef full time, concierge services full time, chauffeur driver car, luxury car rental, guided tours to historic attractions.
Security Deposit: All customers must pay a security deposit. It will be returned after check-out in full, subject to deduction for damage caused and/or payment for additional services.
APE energy certification level: G 132.5 kWh/m2 per year
Villa Le Rose stands high on a stunning hill just outside Florence in an area known as Firenze Certosa, named after the nearby monastery La Certosa. The area can be defined the entrance to the Chianti region, renowned for its wine groves and breathtaking landscapes. Furthermore, it is ideally located for visiting local places of interest. A stone's throw away from the centre of Florence it is also well placed for day excursions to Siena, Lucca and Pisa. The Villa is just 13 Km from the center of Florence and 2 Km from the motorway / highway exit Firenze Certosa off the autostrada A1 and the Raccordo to Siena,
Florence 7 km
Florence Airport 18 km
Pisa (and Airport) 88 km
Rome 295 km
Venice 266 km
Siena - 62km
Lucca – 82Km
- Inclusions Initial cleaning
Available methods of payment:
- Check-in time: 15:00 - 19:00
- Check-out time: 09:00 - 11:00
- Cancellation Policy The full rental amount paid will be retained.
Similar properties in Impruneta See all
Villa Machiavelli More info about
Via Imprunetana, Impruneta
- People 14
- Beds 7
- Showers 8
SPECIALISTS IN FINDING YOUR PERFECT HOME Email us!