Splendid and ancient country house, dating back to the first half of the nineteenth century, located in a dominant position among the hills of San Quirico, a small village in the Maremma valley near Grosseto, on the border between Tuscany and Lazio.
Built entirely out of tufo stone, it has been fully restored with old materials, retaining its original architectural structure with rectangular layout.
The property is surrounded by more than 20 hectars of "no hunting" grounds, the natural habitat of several animal species that make up the local fauna: deer, pheasants, hares and wild boars.
The country house, with independent access and driveway, has a well-kept garden with lawn and a beautiful private swimming pool (12 x 6 x 1.5 m) with deck chairs and parasols.
Within the garden there are two centuries-old olive trees, historic and affective heritage of the family.
From each side of the building you can enjoy breathtaking views: from the imposing Monte Amiata to Monte Cetona, from the village of Radicofani with its curious shape up to the unspoilt nature.
Moreover at guests' disposal, an outdoor dining table (sheltered by a sun umbrella) and barbecue for pleasant and tasty alfresco meals.
The villa (250 sqm), spread over 2 floors, can accommodate up to 8 people for a total of 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Ground Floor: The very bright ground floor consists of a large salon decorated in light colors with direct access to the garden, thanks to its four French Windows built in solid chestnut wood. The living room has a wooden dining table, comfortable sofa and all modern comforts (flat-screen TV with 3D videoprojector and home theater, stereo and DVD player).
Then you will find a delightful built-in kitchen, decorated with handmade majolica tiles (whose colors remind of local fauna and flora) and fully equipped (with breakfast table, top cooking equipment, including a high temperature pizza oven, professional 6-fires cooking range, side-by-side fridge, dishwasher, toaster and microwave).
In the East area of the floor is located a bathroom in raw travertine stone and a twin bedroom, decorate in yellow, with handmade wrought iron beds and direct access to the garden. This area can be used also as an independent apartment thanks to its separate entrance.
All floors are the classic "mezzane" cotto floor tiles, some of them hand made by an artisan in the Siena area.
First floor: An original, splendid travertine stairway leads to the first floor (with oak flooring), consisting of three bedrooms with chestnut beams and "mezzane" cotto floor tiles.
The first room (decorated in yellow wheat) has two single handmade wrought iron beds and a private bathroom in walnut colored travertine stone from nearby Saturnia.
The second bedroom (decorated in light blue) features a double decapè cast iron bed, a bathtub (placed in the centre of the room) and a nearby little lilac colored bathroom.
The third and final room is double, with light furnishings and light blue décor. In front of it there is the main bathroom, laid in dark walnut Saturnia travertine stone, with a large whirlpool bathtub.
A 5-seats finnish sauna made of northern pine and red alder makes the rest of this floor.
Included free Wi-Fi throughout the villa.
Wonderful farmhouse with swimming pool and stunning views, equipped with all modern comforts (sauna, whirlpool bathtub, flat-screen TV with 3D videoprojector and home theater, stereo and DVD player). Recommended for families with children or groups of friends who want to spend a pleasant holiday in the countryside, surrounded by unspoilt nature of the Maremma area and in close contact with several local animal species.
CONDITIONS AND PRICES
This property can only be booked from Saturday to Saturday.
Weekly Price: High season: 3.500,00€. Mid season: 2.500,00€. Low season: 2.000,00€.
Included in the price: Utilities: gas, water, electricity (except for heating); park and pool maintenance; Internet Wi-Fi; final cleaning;towels and sheets provided; use of sauna, modern comforts and swimming pool. .
Excluded from the price: Heating;
Security Deposit: Customers are required to pay upon arrival (cash) 1.000,00€ security deposit, which will be returned at the end of the stay upon damages.
This apartment for rent is not a hotel, agritourism, B&B or similar, and therefore by law, extra services similar to those you may find in these types of accommodations, such as a reception, concierge or security, receiving mail, provision of mealsand drinks, cleaning and change of linen during your stay, and amenity kits with soaps etc. are strictly prohibited.
APE energy certification level: G 292,4950 kWh/m2 per year
Villa Sorano is located about 1 km from San Quirico di Sorano, a small village in the Maremma valley near Grosseto, on the border between Tuscany and Lazio.
In this area, in addition to the seaside resorts along the Tyrrhenian coast (such as Albinia, Orbetello, Talamone), there are some important sites of historical-artistic interest:
- several archaeological sites of Tarquinia (69 km), Cerveteri (117 km), Blera (72 km), Vulci (44 km), Barbarano (78 km), Vetulonia (120 km) and Roselle (94 km), cradle of etruscan civilization;
- Orvieto (44 km), splendid Umbrian walled town built by the Etruscans on a base of tufa;
- Viterbo (49 km), capital of the geographical area known as "Tuscia";
- the abbey of San Galgano (120 km), one of the most representative examples of Cistercian Gothic style in Italy, famous for the absence of its roof and for the presence of "the sword in the stone";
- the abbey of Sant'Antimo (66 km), among the most beautiful Romanesque buildings in Italy;
- Castiglione d'Orcia (57 km), a medieval village located on a steep rocky hill upon which stands the fortress of Tentennano;
- Montalcino (71 km), known for the production of the "Brunello" wine;
- Pienza (62 km), the town of Pius II, famous for the "pecorino cheese";
- Radicofani (38 km), was for centuries one of the most important strongholds in Italy, controlling the border of Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany;
- San Quirico d'Orcia (58 km), the heart of the Val d'Orcia and one of the most remarkable examples of medieval town planning.
For nature lovers, you will find many parks and nature reserves:
- Park of Monte Peglia and Selva of Meana (53 km), a hill and mountain area with several itineraries of cultural and environmental tourism;
- Natural Regional Park of Maremma (71 km), uncontaminated heaven of many animal kind, characterised by a rich landscape of woods and frequent spots;
- Nature Reserve of Diaccia Botrona (106 km), one of the most important Italian wetlands.
For wellness lovers, there are several thermal centers such as Sorano (6 km), Saturnia (33 km), San Casciano dei Bagni (40 km) and Chianciano (59 km).
For sport lovers, from the property you can walk or ride a bike for many kilometers without ever setting foot on a paved road. Country streets and trails cross the hills and let you discover little hamlets in a totally uncontaminated countryside. Moreover, you can reach the nearby Lake of Bolsena (29 km), the biggest lake of volcanic origin in Europe having some of the most enchanting and striking landscapes of the area.
Sorano (6 km), Saturnia (35 km), Orbetello (68 km), Grosseto (88 km), Siena (103 km), Perugia (114 km), Rome (151 km), Florence (183 km), Pisa (247 km).
Deck chairs and parasols
Private garden with lawn
Outdoor dining table
Centuries-old olive groves
- Inclusions Final cleaning
Utilities (electricity, water, gas)
Available methods of payment:
- Check-in time: 16:00 - 19:00
- Check-out time: 09:00 - 11:00
- Cancellation Policy The full rental amount paid will be retained.
Properties of the same type See all
Casale Degli Ulivi More info about
- People 7
- Beds 4
- Showers 4
Villa Talamone 8 More info about
- People 8
- Beds 4
- Showers 4
White Retreat 8 More info about
Magliano in Toscana, Grosseto
- People 8
- Beds 4
- Showers 4
Similar properties in Grosseto See all
Villa Acquilaia More info about
Loc. Scansano, Grosseto
- People 14
- Beds 7
- Showers 6
Villa Bionda More info about
Castiglione della Pescaia, Grosseto
- People 11
- Beds 6
- Showers 4
Villa Larderello More info about
Monterotondo Marittimo, Grosseto
- People 14
- Beds 7
- Showers 7
SPECIALISTS IN FINDING YOUR PERFECT HOME Email us!